KURQ RECRUITMENT ALERT
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers, and would like to post job vacancy notices for KURQ, please provide KURQ with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category, or categories of vacancies for which you would like information.
It is the policy of KURQ to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
MORNING SHOW CO-HOST
El Dorado Broadcasters’ COAST 101.3FM (KSTT-FM) is seeking the other half to our winning morning show! The male-half of our show is leaving, and our female co-host needs a fun partner! Come work for a company that believes in live, local talent. You must have a MINIMUM of 3 years of on-air radio experience, and you’ll need to have the courage and charisma to take on the market, but we will give you the tools to do it… you just bring the talent! If you have a successful track record doing mornings, or if you’re a producer or co-host looking to move on, we welcome you to apply. If you’ve always felt you should be doing mornings, THIS could be your chance! We want a show that sets appointment listening, brings local content and represents the lifestyle of our target audience. Plus, one that owns social media and blogging. Did we happen to mention we’re located in San Luis Obispo, CA, right along the beautiful Central California Coast, in the middle of wine country? RUSH your resume and demo audio (MP3 format, under 3 minutes, and under 5MB in size,) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: MORNING SHOW. El Dorado Broadcasters is an EOE.
Radio Business Manager
El Dorado Broadcasters California is looking for a candidate for the position of Business Manager for their central coast markets. The business manager will have direct oversight of the financial, traffic, and HR departments for markets in Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo. This position must work with senior management to ensure smooth daily operation. This position will report to the market VP/GM, and interact directly with the corporate personnel.
·Managing all financial aspects including AP/AR, budgeting, financial reports, invoicing, and company GL
·Manage all HR matters including recruitment, hiring, dispute resolution, and termination in compliance with company policy and FCC guidelines.
·Managing payroll, benefits, vacation accrual and tracking, and personnel files.
·Managing all market contracts.
·Analyzing sales and expense patterns and making determinations for future changes.
·Other responsibilities as necessary.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance recommended; 3-5 years accounting experience and 2 years supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is full-time, with a competitive compensation depending on combined education and experience. Position also includes a full benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, and 401(k), as well as paid vacation/sick time.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com.
El Dorado Broadcasters, LLC is EOE.
Radio Traffic Manager:
El Dorado Broadcasters is looking for a candidate for the position of traffic manager. Traffic Managers are responsible for scheduling advertising and promotions in line with the business strategy of the stations. This position is responsible for the commercial traffic on multiple high volume FM and AM stations.
Responsibilities include though are not limited to, producing daily commercial logs, order entry and management. Ideal candidate must have strong computer skills as the position is entirely computer based.
Applicants must be extremely dependable and capable of handling high pressure situations. Traffic is a very busy area in which the ability to multi-task is a must. This is a full time, Monday – Friday position.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· excellent organizational and administrative skills, and a high attention to detail
· a high level of computer skills – particularly good excel, word–processing, and data handling skills
· ability to work independently, but also as part of a team
· ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
· good writing and presentation skills
· knowledge of the radio market, different station and program styles, and audience demographics
· a good understanding of the radio sales process is a plus
· self–motivation and adaptability
· determination, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
El Dorado Broadcasters, LLC is an EOE.
· Medical, Dental, Vision benefits available.Please email all resumes to email@example.comEl Dorado Broadcasters, LLC is EOE.
Right now, El Dorado Broadcasters is looking for an Account Executive with the brass it takes to do the job and do it well. This is a great opportunity to help local businesses succeed through the power of radio. Think you have what it takes? Send us your resume.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Utilization of research effectively in negotiations and presentations
• Ability to cold call resulting in sales appointments
• Demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage one’s business with minimal supervision
• Basic knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle with appropriate insurance
• Bi-lingual applicants welcome
Applicant must have Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college. Six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. If you are interested in this position please send your resume to:
51 Zaca Lane #100
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Fax: (805) 541-5303
No phone calls please.