Due to a major storm on the way, Caltrans and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) are reminding motorists to avoid any unnecessary trips and to drive safely tonight and through the weekend by taking the following steps:
- Reduce your speed in rainy, foggy and windy conditions. Motorists should be aware that spot flooding may occur at any time along any roadway section.
- Slow down and/or move over when highway workers, law enforcement or tow truck drivers are working on or near the roadway.
- Be aware of electronic message boards and other road signs with information on incidents, changing road conditions, lane closures or detours.
- Make sure that vehicle brakes, windshield wiper blades and tires are in good condition. Also, inspect your head and tail lights for maximum visibility on the highway.
- Call 911 to report any incidents or hazardous roadway conditions.
Caltrans crews and CHP officers are prepared to respond to any flooding, roadway debris or other emergencies that may affect the state highway system during this storm.